Thursday, September 27, 2007

Winding Down


Our 2007 season is coming to a close. While I am anxious to have free time to see family and friends, it is always kind of sad to close things up too.
The photo is of Canyon Creek. I had to pick up Keith at the airport in Anchorage last weekend so I took my time, stopped for photos along the way and just enjoyed the ride. It has been a pretty fall so far with more good weather than bad.
Keith is on his last trip of the season today...I'm sure you will get a final update from him today or tomorrow. We will then take the dock out this evening after he gets in. I have a sneaky feeling we will still launch the boat for another day or two of personal fishing.
I've put a good dent into my fall close up tasks....3 of the 4 cabins are cleaned. All of the bedding and pillows have been laundered, 3 of the 4 ovens have been cleaned (yuck!) and 3 of the 4 refrigerators are cleaned and defrosted. I cleaned out one of the grills yesterday...what a mess...and need to thank whoever cleaned the charcoal grill on the Steelhead. I'm guessing Dan. Thank you! One of the gas grills will be replaced next spring, so that leaves just one more grill to clean. Thank goodness....not a job I do often enough I'm afraid....if I did it more frequently the grills probably wouldn't get so bad, right?
Well, I'm off to my next closing project....organize the paperwork. It shouldn't take long and at least it doesn't require latex gloves.
Jane

No comments: