Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father and Son Limit

This morning I had Ed and Jim in the boat. It was cold, it was raining, but luckily the bite that started yesterday continued today.




Jim, the son, started things off at the Toilet Hole. When he got the salmon into the boat he said, "yeah, I forgot fishing can be fun."



Not long after Ed had a couple of bites and then lost one on the hookset. We moved down river to the Crossover and after several trolls Ed connected with a salmon that wasn't going to get away. After a fifteen minute fight we were back at the dock before lunch with a pair of 30lbs hens to clean. I can't tell you how much I enjoy it when a father and son come to Alaska to fish and see all the beauty in this State. I can't help but think about my own father in times like this. Here's to you dad for showing your son the great outdoors!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next week Paw Paw and Grandson come to town. Hope the bite is still own....great 45 incher, Keith. Nice Fish, Real Nice!!

george