Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fishing Update 7/3/08


It was quite a morning we had today. We did the usual greeting at the dock and hurried out to the river to hold a spot before the 6:00am start time. I was showing "Team Schild" how we were going to fish and how the rod holders work. At 6:00am I told them to let their lines out and everyone but Dick put their rods in the rod holders. He asked if he could hold on to the rod because he felt like he was going to get one. I told him that was fine but let the fish bite a couple of times before setting the hook. Five minutes later Dick yelled "fish on" and another five minutes later the fish was in the net. We set up on the next troll and within five minutes John hit one and 15 minutes later it came to the net. Dick's fish on the left, John's is on the right.




I was thinking that this was going to be one of those mornings where we limit out in an hour. Well, I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. Leann and Dan fished up until noon with two bites but no more takers. It was a lot of fun this morning. Good fishing and great people makes for a wonderful day.

No comments: