Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/13

So, if you notice there are no fish pictures posted on this entry. I wish it was because I left my camera in my rod shed but it was because there were no fish to take pictures of. Last week could best be characterized as "...it was the best of times, it was the worst of times." It was the best because I had great people in my boat and it was the worst because the "catching" was awful. The sonar counts were great, so that wasn't the issue. The problem was the muddy water and when that happens catching fish is difficult. On several days we saw more moose than we saw salmon netted.

I'd like to thank Mike and Amber for sticking it out for several days. I would also like to thank Althea, Duane, Tim, Judy, Ron, Sue, Keith, Bud and Betty for their perseverance as well.

On a positive note, the Kenai has been clearing up everyday and the likelihood of the use of bait is just around the corner. Also, the Russian River opened for red salmon fishing on 6/11 and all reports have been outstanding. I may have to check out for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your honesty, Keith.
I was one of the guys that you fished last week. We had a great time and I'm suprised you never told the same story twice!

Anonymous said...

Keith-I Will have to take some of the credit for your honesty(not all) but wonder if you are using any of my stories! I will expect fish pictures next week for sure!