Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Enough Snow For Ya?


As I write this blizzard warnings have been issued from Oklahoma to Maine. For fun I thought I would post a couple of pictures that were taken right after I returned to Alaska from the Minnesota Sportsmen's Show. A side note: it was -39 when I left Minnesota, 25 above in Anchorage.

The first photo is my truck after digging half of it out. I took this photo after I stopped to catch my breath and I thought the "mohawk" look was interesting. The second photo was taken at the headwaters of the Kenai River at Cooper Landing on 1/27/2011. If you look close the guy in the back of the drift boat is actually fighting a trout and the guy in the front is about to net it. When they originally hooked the fish they were on the side of the boat where I could see everything. When they noticed me on the shoreline they decided to switch to the other side of the boat so I wouldn't see what they were catching. Fisherman are funny that way, aren't they?


Stay warm and make sure to take a break when shoveling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

High in Austin is 23 today. I'm on my way to Soldotna.

Will Robertson

Anonymous said...

What's the high going to be in Panama???

Keith