Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2011 Season Has Officially Begun

For the last two weeks Jane and I have been working feverishly on getting the cabins ready for the season. After repairing a burst pipe from improper winterization (that would be my fault), fixing a leaky faucet and toilet, I'm pleased to announce that we are now open for business.


About a week ago I snapped these photos of the icebergs in Beaver Creek. Since then we have had the right mixture of sunshine and rain and they have disappeared.




This Friday I plan to take a break from working on my boat (I'll blog about this adventure later)
and float the lower river in my one man pontoon. I'll be looking for fish but my main objective is to recover lost gear. It's always a fun time and you know I'll be bringing my camera along for the ride.





2 comments:

Dan Brom said...

Hey guys!
Wow, still ice on the banks of the creek! Getting super excited to get out fishing with you guys again this year! Missed you guys last year while we were down of Prince of Wales Island! Missed the Reds and Kings. Got a black bear though! Give myself and Mrs. Brom and a half a call when ever youre in the Homer area. Great to finally live on the Peninsula! Got the Anchor River a 1/4 mile from the office! Love it! Talk to you guys soon and I will drop my new number to you via e-mail.
Dan Brom

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan,

I still have your dipnet! This July we'll have to go out and get it wet.

Keith