Monday, May 16, 2011

McKinley Taylor Holtan

For regular readers of this blog you know the topics can be boiled down to two: fishing and the Kenai Peninsula. Although most of these photos involve fish, bear with me as I brag a little about my son, McKinley.


On May 19th Mac will graduate from high school. Wow, where has the time gone? He is the class president and will graduate 10th in his class. He was accepted to several colleges outside of Alaska but has chosen to attend the University of Alaska Anchorage to study business. I think it's a good idea that he stays close. When he figures out the studying part of college, I'm all for it if he decides to transfer.



Here's Mac holding a silver salmon caught on the lower Kenai. You probably recognize this photo from the blog home page and from our website, http://www.beavercreekcabins.com/. At an early age he knew how to take a fish picture. Sun in your face, hold the fish away from your body, and smile!




Here's one of my favorite photos of Mac and me holding a northern pike that we caught in Minnesota in 1997. A few of the things that strike me about this photo are how blond Mac's hair is, how small he is, and where did all of my hair go? Sheesh, a lot can happen in fourteen years.



Mac, Jane and I congratulate you on all of your accomplishments, are proud of you always, and love you very much.














4 comments:

Heidi Holtan said...

You are a great dad of a great kid Keiffer.

Anonymous said...

I had the good fortune of meeting Mac in Talkeetna
In 2010. Congratulations to him and all the family. Keith hate to tell you that time will fly even faster. That seven year who caught king on your boat is now 10 seems lke yesterday.....Keith I never saw you without the hat...never knew the hair was thinning. Hey Jane.

George

Anonymous said...

Keith and Jane, Congrats to the both of you for the great job you have done with Mac, he's a fine young man and I'm proud to be called his Aunt .. What a guy !

Congrats Mac, I did not see you near as often as I would have liked to have though your growing years but the time I had with you were a blast !! I will always remember the fun times at Grandma and Grandpa Twigg's home in Talkeetna, your island trip, and the time spent with you in Hi and when your mom had to go to Washington state ... the hockey games in Wasilla too !
oh yes, and you got me hooked on the Johnny Cash Story over in Hi !! You were always a joy to be around ....I'm proud of who you are ..
May life be good to you, I pray you have a long healthy happy life doing what you love ...
I love you so much ...

Aunt Connie Faye said...

Sorry Mac, The post above is from your Aunt Connie Faye ..
Long story .. love you !! XXXXOOOO