Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day/Fishing Report 6/19/11

Happy Father's Day to all.

This is special fishing edition and tribute to fathers and sons. This past week I had the pleasure of fishing Joe and Rafael Schnitzler. These guys usually come up later in the year but made an early trip this season before Rafael begins his training in London with Deutsche Bank. We had a great day on Wednesday and these guys had their fish by 6:45 in the morning. Always a great time catching up with these two and I look forward to Joe's return visit in September.

Here's another father/son moment enjoyed in Alaska. Digging clams can be fun but cleaning clams is another thing. Several hours into cleaning I can't believe these guys are still smiling.




Here's Mark and Lori with their fish caught on Saturday. I had a great time with these two and I'm glad I could be part of their "trip of a lifetime." Biggest fish for both of them, ever! It was nice to get a limit on the 18th and continue the standard set by my good friend George French and his family......thanks as always, Dad.

On Thursday Jeremy caught this scrappy Kenai king.


.....and, his buddy Darin hoists one up as well.

All in all the fishing was fair this past week. Not everyone caught fish but most at least had a bite. Sorry Dan and Temeka Brom, and Dan Meyer. Great attitudes don't always mean fish in the box. Oh well, at least I know that you guys will have another opportunity to get even this year. Eric and Charlene, you guys get another chance on Tuesday.


What do I expect for next week? The tides are starting to ebb, this is good, so I expect the bite to be steady and show an improvement.


Only time will tell.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the father's day fishing report.

GBR

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty good to me. Make sure to save a few when I come up.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good day fishing.....Thanks....sorry we couldn't make it this year......but I'm setting my sights on 2012...18th sounds good but I may change the month!!

George and the Family