Monday, January 30, 2012

New for 2012


A new alternative for all our guests.

A service that I provide is cleaning your fish. After that, it's always been the clients decision of what to do next. Long time clients know what to do, but new clients always ask, "what do I do now?" My stock answer is to take the filets to Custom Seafood Processors (10 minutes away) and they'll vac, freeze, package, and ship your fish for you. The biggest reason I refer clients to Custom Seafood Processor is that Jane and I simply do not have the time to help people process their fish.

Enter Dave Anderson.

Dave, a Kenai River regular, has a tremendous mind for business and made the suggestion that we should provide a commercial grade vacuum sealer for our clients to use and we should sell the bags at a nominal fee. As the two gentleman would say in the Guiness commercials.......BRILLIANT!

Are we looking to replace Custom Seafood Processor or anyone else that processes fish? Nope. We're just providing an alternative to people who would like to take care of their fish themselves and do so in a professional manor.

The plan this year is to set up a processing station in the shed that houses our chest freezers. Jane and I are excited to make this available for your use in 2012!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!!! Can't wait to use this instead of my FoodSaver.

JT

Anonymous said...

Hope it's another record run of reds this year....I want to put that machine to the test.

Jack said...

Great idea, An EXCELENT added service added to your Guide Service. I hope in the future that I will hold the record for the cliant that had to purchace the most sealing bags. :-)

Jack
Barrington, NH