Monday, May 21, 2012

First Official Guide Trip of 2012


There's a reason why I'm posting a moose photo after my first official trip of the year.  No fish.

On Saturday I fished Rob and Eric, an old college buddy of mine who I haven't seen in 25 years.   It was definitely fun finding out what has happened over the years.  Of course, neither one of us has changed a bit.  Ha!

Anyway, back to the fishing.  I saw no more than seven boats on the river and did see one king netted.  In addition, I was told by another guide that they caught and released one.   We came close, our boat  managed a couple of bites, but I guess we're saving all of our action for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hope to have a few photos for you on my next post that doesn't have four legs.

Until then.....

1 comment:

Dave Anderson said...

What the heck, your fishin!!!
I am getting anxious to spend some time on the Kenai with you.