Monday, June 11, 2012

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/11/12

Well, I got half of my prediction right from last week.  The fishing was consistent, but it was consistently slowwww.......We caught a few, released a few but mostly enjoyed each other's company.   Here's Sue who told me she was ready for a 10 hour day but decided it was alright to be done after the first troll of the day.   Nice fish and a nice lady.
On the flip side was Jack.  We fished the river all day long and ten minutes before quitting time he hooked this fish.   Think he's happy?  He won the bet for first and biggest fish of the day.
Thought I'd include this photo of Team Minnesota.  On the left is Jack and Gretchen Norqual and on the right is Tom and Patti Younghans.  It was a pleasure to meet the Norqual's and for the Younghans' it was a time to reminisce about old times.   Tom was one of my teachers in high school and he was also my hockey coach.  I wish the "catching" was better while they were here but nobody had a better attitude on the river than these guys.

Hard to say what the week ahead will hold.  I'm crossing my fingers that the king salmon are just a little slow in showing and it's not a decline of the early run.  I should also have a report next week about the red salmon fishing on the Russian River.  The opener is today an all indications so far is the run is behind schedule.

Until then, fish on!

No comments: