Monday, June 25, 2012

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/25/12




Reds, reds, reds.

No king fishing last week so my only report will be about red salmon.  Above are Eric and Holly Taylor with their limit of red salmon from Wolverine Creek.  Last year I posted a story about "The Ring" and the proposal that occurred in my boat.   That was these two.  They came back as a married couple this year. Jane and I were happy to see them and have the opportunity to get caught up. Oh,I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Holly's sister, Charlene, who came again as well.  Although we couldn't fish the Kenai this year these guys made do and caught a lot of red salmon and halibut.    See you in 2013!

Here's the Lierd family posing proudly with the red salmon limit they caught.  We did manage to fish the Kenai on the last day of catch and release for king salmon but unfortunately the kings' were not interested.   In addition to red salmon fishing the Lierd's fished for halibut and did very well.     I had a lot of fun meeting these guys and I bet they'll be back to Alaska real soon.                                        


The final photo is a red salmon that I hooked (kept and ate) on the Russian River June 18th.  I've set aside this day to take my father fishing with me.   Although he is no longer here on this earth I always  take this day to honor him and thank him for finding the time to take me fishing.  Thanks for everything, dad (and you too mom for reading this).                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

                                                                                 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bert was a good, good guy. Glad I got to fish with him in the 49th state.

Ken P.

Anonymous said...

Keith
There's no better way to honor the memory of your father than to carry on with the traditions and activities that the two of you Shared. I also remember the 18th as well silently sharing your grief on the boat that day. Your
Dad and I have two things in common. We both loved pineapple milk shakes and fishing with you. I'm passing my love Of fishing on to my grandson Riley because I learned to fish from my grandfather having lost my father
At the age of 3. And Riley will never forget fishing with you and both of his grandfathers On the Kenai. See you in 3 weeks!!!!

George

Sheila said...

Keith, what a great way to honor your Dad. I can't think of anything better, but couldn't read it with a dry eye. Love,Mom

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Hey, thanks for the nice comments.

Keith

Gary Blinn said...

i know your father was very special to you. It gives me hope that my own kids will find the times I considered special to be special to them also. May the memories of your father always be special and never wain.