Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Part of the Business



So I get an email asking about cabins and guided fishing for four.  I sent our rates and availability and this is what I received back.


Hello,

I appreciate your reply.  I have accepted the offer and am willing to make an advanced deposit payment immediately with my credit card.

We have made arrangement with an agent who will be in charge of our,

(1) Flights and travel insurance
(2) Domestic and International flight tickets and Airport tax
(3) International Airport transfer
(4) Vaccines
(5) Excess Baggage Charges
(6) Departure taxes and Related Fees
(7) Contingency Transportation logistics during our stay not covered by the tour package.

As a result of my busy schedule, I had the whole funds for the booking and other logistics credited into the credit card account i will email to you once i hear from you.  I am not in my home town at the moment, i am on a business trip.

Due to the agent don't accept credit cards yet, I will appreciate if you charge the total sum of (12,500 Dollars+bank charges) from the card.  You keep the sum of (3,000 Dollars) for deposit to secure our booking with you and transfer the remaining sume of (9,500 Dollars) to the agent.  Could you please Confirm this.  You are also to deduct the fees and taxes involved in processing this amount from the credit card details.

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS ARRANGEMENT IS OK AND REPLY PROMPTLY TO ENABLE US PROCEED.

Also get back to me with the below information for record purposes and if you agree to do the above.

Best Regards,
Glenn


That's it, word for word, typos and all.

Who falls for this stuff?

All I can say is P.T.Barnum must have been right that a sucker is born every minute.  Otherwise, lodges/guides wouldn't keep receiving so many of these scam inquiries.

No comments: