Monday, March 18, 2013

Team George/Team Jerry



You probably recall the story that I've told about George and Jerry French.  They're story tellers, and so am I, but the deal in the boat is if you repeat a story and at least three people have raised their hand signalling that they've heard it, you have to stop telling it.  All day long hands are being raised in the boat .  It's kind of funny because I'll see these puzzled expressions on the faces of the fisherman that are around us.   One time, a guide friend of mine who was trolling next to us, asked me what's the deal with the raised hands.  I told him before I start my day I always tell my clients that if they have to go to the bathroom they need to raise their hand to ask me if it's okay to go.   I let him think about what I said for a few days before I told him the real reason.

In 2012, George and Jerry told me they thought about having t-shirts made about "raising your hand",
but instead settled on "Team George" and "Team Jerry" stickers.  Classic.  Nothing better for me than having guys in the boat who have selective memories and like to have a little fun.





Let me end this by saying I still don't remember who started this game.  When I ask George or Jerry about this they start to argue and before you know it my hand is in the air.....









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah come on Keith! I may have a selective memory, but you on the other as young as you are should have remembered that I am responsible for naming our Team the Raise Your Hand Florida/Tennessee. Now, I love my brother Jerry proven by the fact that I added Tennessee to the name even though I hate anything orange. FLorida State people don't like orange{gators}) With all that nonsense said, Jerry will not receive one iota of credit for the name. And I spent a great deal of time designing those name tags(2 minutes). Now that we understand who started this team I am requesting that all your Clients in the future raise two hands on behalf of Jerry and I if you tell this story and get it wrong. I'll have a different name for 2014 and I'm telling You now so you will have about 15 months to remember the Name of the person who came with the New name George, George George,George................

Anonymous said...

The game, the name, all the same. By the way Keith maybe we could do something about the colors on your Blog Page

Ah, "Let Him Go Jerry"

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

It's hard to type and raise my hand at the same time. You guys crack me up.....

Keith