Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fishing Report Week Ending 8/19/13

Limits, limits, and even more limits of silver salmon this past week.   What a great run of days on the water with people that were fun to be around.    Someone always has to be the first photo of the post and there's no reason why I shouldn't start out with some old friends of mine from Minnesota, Orv and Deb Lundbohm.   It was so great to see them again and to get caught up on each other's life's.  No doubt, our time was definitely too short.
I hate to do it but I have to give Orv his own space.   Actually, the reason I'm doing this is I like the photo.   It's good to see Orv hold something other than a hockey stick or a walleye.
Same with Deb, I have to give her her own space.   This is because she caught the largest 2 silvers of the day.  All I can say, is all this girl does is catch big fish......
Here's Martin and Chris Chesney who shared the boat with Orv and Deb on Saturday.  It was great to meet you guys.
This is Team Sedlacek consisting of Lowell, Tom, Jake, Summer and Larry.  Here's the result of Day One.
 Here's Day Two.
Here's Day Three.   Definitely a nice string of mornings for these guys.
Here's a great photo of Summer showing off one of her multiple silver salmon.
 Here's Esko Bill with an afternoon limit of silver salmon.
And finally, on Tuesday afternoon I had the honor of fishing Senator Lisa Murkowski's Junior Classic.   This is the seventh year of treating the sons and daughters of our enlisted military heroes, along with area Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, to a fishing trip on the Kenai River.    I think this photo explains why I participate in this event.   Makayla, Matthew, Aaron, and Charles.....thanks for letting me part of your excitement.

So, the way I see the upcoming week is it should be more of the same.  We are at the peak of the first run of silvers and I see no reason why the fishing should taper off.  It's shaping up to be a very good silver season.

See you next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good silver season? Vastly understated Mr. Holtan.