Sunday, August 25, 2013

Fishing Report Week Ending 8/26/13

More of the same.   Fishing was very good this past week.  It wasn't quite as fast as the week before but everyone managed to catch their limit.  If there was a downside it was the fact that I had 3 cancellations during a time of good fishing.   Oh well, their loss was mine and Jane's gain and we definitely took advantage of it.

The photo above is Doug and Linda Applegren.   The last time we fished together was for kings back in '06.   After a morning of constant action, I think they prefer silver fishing to the patience required to fish for kings.   Don't get me wrong, they liked king fishing but there is something special about the Kenai in August/September.
Ground Hog's Day.   Different day, same results.   I look forward to seeing you guys in the near future.
 Jane with her limit of silver salmon.
.....and another limit headed for our freezer.

I have a quiet week of guiding ahead but plan on spending everyday on the water.   I do anticipate the fishing to slow down because we are past the historical first run peak.   That being said, even though it's past peak I see no reason why we won't be able to catch our limit, and if we don't, you know we're going to have fun out there.   That, I'll promise you.

See you next week.