Sunday, January 19, 2014

Orv


There's one more fisherman that made it to heaven.  My friend Orv Lundbohm lost his battle with cancer on 1/11/14.


Orv and Deb Lundbohm


I really love guiding on the Kenai River but the one thing that saddens me are the trips that involve the "bucket list."   Every year I have several clients that fit into this category.   My friend Orv was diagnosed with melanoma cancer last year and told me it was about time he came to Alaska.   Neither one on of us used the term "bucket list" because we both thought that this would be the first of many trips.  Heck, it was a treatable cancer, he was stronger than an ox, and he had an incredibly positive attitude.  Having cancer and beating it would just be a hiccup in a long live......Unfortunately, medicine and the right attitude were not enough and sadly, his life was cut short too soon.

Orv leaves behind a wonderful legacy.   A terrific family, many friends, and a brotherhood of hockey players that will truly miss his presence on and off the ice.


Jane and I are glad that Alaska could be a small part of a very big life.
















No comments: