Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fishing Report Week Ending 9/28/14

The silver fishing is still good on the Kenai River.   Here's Jane with her limit of silvers.
 And here she is with the largest silver of the season, a 17lber.
On this day Jane let me catch a couple of fish to go along with her limit.
On Tuesday, my friend Boo called me and asked if I wanted to fish the middle river with him.  Glad I went along because the fishing was outstanding.  This is a rare photo of the guy who usually is the one taking the photos.
 Here's a box full of middle river silver salmon all caught on jigs.
On Wednesday, Scott and Steve spent the day on the water with me. Great weather and conversation easily made up for the lack of biters.   Wish we could have found more fish but that's just the way it goes some times.
On Saturday, my good friends Gary and Nicky came down for an afternoon of fishing.   It wasn't red hot but we caught a few and lost a few.   No complaints.
Hard to beat fresh salmon fillets late in September.

Unless my phone starts ringing, I am now officially done guiding. This does not mean I am done fishing.  I plan on fishing most of this week and well into October.  I'll keep you posted on what's going on out there....good, bad, indifferent.

2 comments:

King George said...

Guess I need to plan a September trip with Jane as my guide!

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Do you own enough clothes to fish in September? Actually, you would be fine....