Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/21/15


This past week the fishing at the Russian River has been good.   I personally did not fish, but the reports I received from guests were fishing was just that....good. Pictured above is Debbie Jeanette with a stringer full of sockeye salmon.  This is her first time to Alaska and it's obvious she had no problems picking up the flossing technique needed to catch a sockeye.


Here's Bill and Debbie with a stringer full of sockeyes.   Bill comes twice a year to Alaska and I have a hunch this will not be Debbie's last time here either.

Dan and Mary Meyer were here last week and unfortunately I have no photos of the fish they caught at the Russian.  Thanks guys for holding down the fort while we were away.  It was one less thing we had to worry about.

On to the kings.  As of 6/19, the  Kenai River king salmon sonar count was 4795. That is encouraging. With the minimum escapement goal being 5300, there's rumblings around town that the river may open to catch and release fishing. Quite honestly, if it doesn't I would have to say politics superseded science.

A final thought.  I've been overwhelmed by the emails, texts, calls, and even the people who showed up at my mom's service.   It was sad to say good bye.   But, the support that my family has received has been incredible and I thank you all for that.  A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants. 



Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

No comments: