Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fishing Report Week Ending 9/20/15

I love September on the Kenai River. Specifically, mid to late September is one of my favorite times to be on the water.  Reason number one: there are only a handful of boats out so there's no reason to go out at O'dark thirty to get "your spot".  Reason number two: even though the weather might be a little nastier this time of year, the catching sure makes up for it.  And finally, reason number three:  I get to spend time with my favorite fishing partner and wife, Jane.

I started the week fishing Colton, Eric, and John (pictured above). Eric received a brand new GLoomis rod and XtraTuf boots for his birthday and I was happy to help him break them in.
The next day I sat in the rain with DJ, Tim, Todd, and Steve.  Tim told me it was five years ago we last fished together and he said he's not going to wait that long again.  I hope not.  My memory isn't quite like it use to be...
Here's Jane holding the largest silver of the year so far.  It was 18lbs. What I like about this photo is there is not a single boat in the background.  Pure Kenai magic.
Jane turned the tables on me the next day and said I had to post a photo of me with our fish. There, satisfied?
We went out the next day for a couple of hours and naturally Jane caught her limit.
Same thing the next day, except one of those fish was not so smart and bit my line. It's the little one in the middle.
I ended the week spending a couple of hours in the afternoon with my friends, the Crawford's.  That's Nikki, Chase, and Gary.  Always fun to spend time with these guys.

Next week I expect the fishing to be steady.  The pattern has been either a fish or a bite every 20 minutes or so.  I do not have any days booked with clients, but I plan on being out their for a couple of hours each day.  It's a sad time of year for me because it's starting to wind down fast.  The fish will be gone before too long and the snow will be arriving soon.  On the bright side, that means ice fishing is just around the corner!

See you next week for an up to date report.



Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

No comments: