Sunday, October 25, 2015

Fishing Report Week Ending 10/25/15

And the beat goes on......

So I get a text Tuesday morning from Brad Adams. He asked if I wanted to go fishing in the afternoon. I texted him back and said, "how about now?"  It was game on.
  

The old fisherman's proverb of "you never leave fish to find fish" held true on this day.  We went right back to where we were fishing last week and in just over an hour we caught our six fish limit. How good was the bite you ask?  Well, the fish above Brad caught on his first cast.  I wasn't as fortunate.  It took me about ten casts before I caught my first silver.


Here's my buddy, Buddy happily posing with our catch of the day. Buddy is Brad's 11 month old yellow lab. It's a terrific dog in the boat and I'm beginning to rethink whether I should have a Buddy as well.....

I think this trip was it for the year, but I haven't officially closed out the 2015 fishing season just yet. Come back next week to see for sure.




2 comments:

Dave Anderson said...

Is this pretty late for salmon?

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Not late at all, Dave. Biologist say there are silvers in the Kenai 11 months of the year. If anything is late this year it's the freeze up. But until then, there's going to be people out chasing silvers and rainbows.