Sunday, October 2, 2016

Fishing Report Week Ending 10/2/16

The symbolism is appropriate. The sun hasn't completely set for fishing on the Kenai, but it's not far away. The only people still fishing the lower Kenai River for salmon are the stubborn few. I'm sure if fishing were better there'd be more people out. That, of course, leaves it to the diehards who always think the bite could pick up at any moment.
Here's my partner in crime not wanting to call it a season just yet. If you look closely at this fish, you can see all the scars it bears from getting away from a hungry harbor seal. Too bad Jane's kwikfish was in the river when it was passing through.....NOT!
I snuck out for a couple of hours one afternoon and this fish fell for my gear.
On another afternoon these two fish weren't so lucky.

I did fish several more days during this past week but did not have a bite, ergo, no additional fish pictures.

So, what's next? I've received a few reports of decent trout fishing in the middle river with a few nice silvers scattered in between. Besides fishing near home, I plan on fishing there in the next few days. Come back next week to see how I did.





Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

No comments: