Sunday, April 15, 2018

Established 1988

Steelhead Cabin
It was 30 years ago that Will and Becky Jahrig had the vision of constructing affordable cabins for rent while offering access to arguably the most famous salmon river in the world....the Kenai.
The Jahrig's
After fifteen years of building their business, it was time for the Jahrig's to move on and do something different. Their timing was great because at the same time Jane and I were looking to do something different as well. We made an offer, it was accepted, and we became the new owners of Beaver Creek Cabins.
momma moose and her two children
About the only thing that we changed was the name. What was Beaver Creek Cabins now became Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service. Not a lot of change, but just enough to let people know that we are also a guide service.
sunrise on the Creek
Will and Becky came up with the motto, "Out of the Bed, and into the Boat." At first I thought this saying was a bit too obvious, bordering on cliche. However, it didn't take me long to realize that the Jahrig's were spot on.
twilight on the Kenai
I mean, how incredibly convenient is it to walk a hundred feet from the cabin to the dock, and be out fishing within five minutes?
sunset on the Kenai
We've had a great fifteen years and still have the same passion that we did the first year. My friend Steve Morris often asks me how long am I going to be doing this.
moonset on the Kenai
My standard response has always been, "when I'm sick of people, that's when I'm done. So far, so good, but don't push it....ha!"

view from the Chinook cabin
Steve is just one of the many people we've met through the years that are more than a customer to us. We are so fortunate to have so many lasting friendships.
Chinook Cabin
Jane and I are really looking forward to the 2018 season. We have a nice mix of brand new people coming, along with a lot of old friends. It's going to be fun one....




Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice blog! Drive safe.